Thursday, May 8, 2008

Baby Joaquim Discovers Spring

One of the reasons I prefer shooting outdoors with my clients is because I really love documenting the expressions that occur when a little one discovers something new in the natural world. It's especially fun with babies who are experiencing everything for the first time! Little Joaquim was born in mid-September so both of our previous shoots have been done indoors and I was very anxious to get my little buddy outside. With its beautiful field of wild narcissus in mind, I knew Woodstock Farm was just the place for Joaquim's spring photo shoot. The ground was a little wet with morning dew but we plopped this boy down in the flowers and let him get on with checking things out...
Of course getting the pretty yellow petals into his mouth was Joaquim's primary goal...
We don't usually do a lot of posed family shots like this but I made Mark & Hedy try one this time. How cute are they? What a happy family : )
I really love shooting at Woodstock Farm because it offers such a variety of backdrops for photos. You wouldn't think these photos were all taken at the same place!
I saved my favorite shot for last.... I LOVE Joaquim's smile and I am so glad I got one more shoot with him before his first tooth broke through!
You can see Joaquim's photos from previous shoots here and here!

No comments: