Friday, December 19, 2008

She's a Mama Now!


Well it's been a crazy few months but I *think* I can finally start trying to get back into the swing of things with blogging. I thought the best way to do so would be to pick up where I left off : ) My dear friend Naomi became a mama on October 19th with the successful delivery of this sweet little guy named Durkin. I got to celebrate Durkin's one week birthday with him and insisted upon documenting the early days of his relationship with his beautiful mama (and his Aunt Katie too!) Now to celebrate his two month birthday, I thought I would finally share the photos from that day.

Durkin Monroe in all his (6 pound) glory.

We thought he might be practicing gang signs.

Probably my favorite photo of baby toes yet!

Getting to know his cool Aunt Katie.

We made sure we documented his little newborn Spock ears : )

She looks so beautiful!

More gang signs?

Telling Mama stories.

Ready for clothes now, please!

Finally having a minute to process these pictures made me pretty excited about the fact that I currently have five expecting clients due between December and June : ) So many new little people to meet... in fact I'll be attending the birth of one of them any day now! Documenting childbirth is my favorite photography experience of all... be sure to check back for the photos!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful pictures, Sandi. I can't believe that skinny little guy is the chubby little baby that is all smiley.

Sandi Heinrich said...

Wow that was fast, I was just going to tell Naomi to be sure to show Katie : ) I'll make sure you get a copy of the one of you & D Baby!

Naomi said...

Sandi, these are gorgeous photos. Thank you for honing your talent all these years so that you'd be a fantastic photographer in time for my baby. =)
xoxo

Naomi said...

Forgive me... you've always been amazing at photography, I'm just glad you're still doing it and love photographing little babies!

Gramma Sarah said...

Great shots, Sandi! Gramma approves and is delighted to be see my darling grandbaby and watch him grow through your eyes. Lovely. Thanks, sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! Congratulations Naomi!! He's adorable....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Megan R. said...

Sandi, these are gorgeous...I'm so anxious for the arrival of our boy! And I'm so glad that you are blogging again.