Saturday, May 3, 2008

Seeing Double... Plus One!

A couple weeks ago I had the pleasure of working with not one but two families with twins on the same day! It's always so fascinating to me to experience the relationship dynamics between siblings who have literally been together since day one. I have worked with both of these families (who met via a support group for parents of twins) in the past... and was very excited to see everyone again. We were supposed to do our shoot at the tulip fields in Mount Vernon but freezing temperatures and threats of thunderstorms and snow forced me to look for another spring-like location. It turns out I am so thankful for that awful weather because without it I would not have discovered Woodstock Farm, a new addition to the Bellingham Parks Department. The property is accessible by foot only, but on my first visit there I was lucky enough to run into a Parks Department employee with the power to give me ongoing permission to park there for shoots if I would share some of my photos for the park's website. Yey!

Thankfully Mother Nature blessed us with a warm, beautiful spring day and we had a great time exploring Woodstock Farm together. The last time I photographed Dawson & Cole they were two years old but I have a good memory for faces and, to Mom's surprise, I was able to recall which was which right away! I had so much fun with these cool little dudes whose personalities could not be more different! Dawson, who is sweet and calm, stuck close to my side during most of our time together while rambunctious funny man Cole was off and running from the word go!

Checking out the stinky sheep who reside at Woodstock Farm.

After I'd gotten Dawson and Cole thoroughly worn out and muddy, it was time to meet with my next family, who has been with me since the very beginning of my business! This was our fourth and maybe last shoot together as they may be moving out of state soon- which makes me pout every time I think of the possibility : ( I've been watching Anais, Maelle and Camille grow up for the the past two and a half years and I had visions of taking their senior portraits! (You can see a few shots from our shoot last September here.) It's funny to think Anais and Maelle wanted nothing to do with me on that first shoot together and now they are ready and willing with the poses at all times : )
I have a much harder time telling these two apart and have always had to use some sort of cue to help me keep them straight. Last fall Maelle's hair was longer than Anais's so it was no problem but this time I had to drill "Anais-Pink, Anais-Pink" into my head in the first minute!

Little Camille was only four months old when I first met her and it has been fun watching her personality emerge... she is quite the little talker and you can count on a constant commentary with her around. She gave me one of my "classic moments" when I was stooped down to get a shot of her mama & sisters, and she, walking behind me, announced... "Me see your bum!" (Darn low-rise jeans!) After exploring the farm we headed down to the beach where Mom reminded the girls that it was okay to get as dirty as they wanted : ) It wasn't long before Maelle discovered the exceptional "suction-ability" of the mud around here and ended up getting a little dirtier than she wanted! (Papa too!) This is probably my favorite shot of the day... Maelle wasn't feeling much like smiling so Anais gave her a little hand : )

No comments: