Sunday, May 11, 2008

Look at All the Beautiful Moms!

Me & My Mom circa 1969
I'm fortunate to work with so many wonderful, beautiful mothers every year that I have quite a catalog of photos of them with their kids, so I just had to share some in honor of Mother's Day : ) I don't have a lot of photos of me with my mom but I pulled this one out of my baby book to share. That's me at age 3 and a half months (which means it was taken about 39 years ago exactly!) It was pouring through the pages of my baby book and old family albums that got me hooked on the magic of photography when I was barely old enough to read. It's funny, when I take photographs I am always so careful to not include all the "clutter" in the background, but when I look at this photo my eyes always go right to all that stuff because it tells a story about life in another time. Maybe I should relax and remember not every photo has to be a portrait- there's nothing wrong with a snapshot now and then : )

Now... onto the photos! I thought I would start with a few photos of my girlfriends and their kids and end with a couple of me with mine : )My dear friend and old college roommate Erin and her daughter McKenna, who happens to be my favorite little girl on the planet : ) Erin is my biggest cheerleader and best confidante.
My girlfriend Stephanie and her son Travis... Stephanie and I were best friends in high school and she went with me to have my senior pictures done... this is one I shot when I was doing Travis' senior pictures last fall! My girlfriend Leah and her son Chase. Leah is the girl who got me involved with Gardenview Montessori and played an instrumental role in me taking the plunge into professional photography.

And now some shots of all the great moms I work with every year... thank you so much for all your support, ladies! Enjoy your special day : )
This is Asher's first appearance on my blog... I can't believe he agreed to participate! (You never know when you are going to meet resistance from a 12 year old...) There was no one to take the picture for us so we did it ourselves : )
Ash insisted we do a classic "Earl Hickey" shot. Lookin' good! He pointed out that *technically* he's not kissing me, just pressing his lips against my cheek. Ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right, I am not fond of that picture, but it's a beautiful tribute!! Let's hope for next year you catch me in a "happier" shot! :):)

You and Asher look so sweet.
Happy Mother's Day to my dear friend and all the Mama's!!