Sunday, June 22, 2008

Karen & Patrick

One of the things I am really starting to enjoy about being in business is that, thanks to my clients and their above average word-of-mouth skills, I have suddenly become part of a diverse network of people : ) Everyone loves to share their pictures with others so I end up getting to meet grandmas & grandpas, cousins, coworkers & friends. It's always fun for me to learn how people are connected.

Karen & Patrick were referred to me for their wedding photography by one of my best cheerleaders, Wendy, who works for Karen's sister (and who will be helping out on the day of the wedding- fun!) Karen took a look at my site and contacted me right away for her wedding to Patrick on August 23rd. I'm really looking forward to this one... these two have six kids between them which means extra fun times for me : )

The three of us met for the first time a couple weeks ago to discuss their wedding plans and get to know each other. I chose Boulevard Park as the setting for our shoot because it was an overcast day and it's not often that I get to shoot there because it's typically too bright. I had a great time learning how Karen & Patrick met (while both were participating in an iron man triathlon) and how excited their kids are about the wedding. Here are a few of my favorite shots from our afternoon together!My favorite shots are always the ones where people finally relax with the camera and show their true colors, like this...
Congratulations, you two... it was so fun meeting you both and I'm sure your big day will be a blast. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: