Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Welcome to the World, Little One!

This morning at 6:30 I was awakened with the phone call I've been anticipating for the past two weeks... it was Aaron calling to let me know his wife Megan was dilated to 6 centimeters and it was time to go welcome my newest client to the world! Documenting childbirth is the most special event I get to witness with my camera, so I have been pretty excited about this since last spring when Megan shared the news she was pregnant again. This was the fourth childbirth I have documented (I was present at the birth of Megan & Aaron's second child, Brynn, about two and a half years ago- that's her at six minutes old in the far left photo on my web banner above!) but this was my first experience with home birth. After about six hours of labor by his amazing mama, Baby John (who is named after Aaron's father and will be called by his "to be determined" middle name) was born naturally into a pool of warm water at 8:13 am, weighing 9 pounds, 2 ounces and measuring 21.25 inches. Here are some photos of the beautiful little guy's first hours...

After awhile, big brother Gavin and big sister Brynn joined us downstairs to greet their new baby brother. Singing along with their sweet version of "Happy Birthday To You!" brought tears to my eyes!


Congratulations Megan, Aaron, Gavin & Brynn, and thank you so much for inviting me to be part of such a special event! It's been so fun documenting your growing family for you
: )

4 comments:

Megan R. said...

Dear Sandi, The pictures are absolutely beautiful. I can't even begin to put into words how they make me feel. Thank you so much for being there for us again to document another amazing day in our lives. Can't wait to see the rest!

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures
thanks for sharing with all of sandi's online fans

i wish i could think of more words to describe how sweet and powerful these photos are

happy new year!

MamaG said...

These are beautiful pictures and thank you for sharing them. I am expecting my first child any day now and this precious little one brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful family!

Anonymous said...

Sandi - Thank You so much for sharing! I'm 20 weeks pregant and these photos brought tears to my eyes. I can hardly wait for the big day to arrive and only wish you could be there for our big day too!