Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Congratulations Alyssa, Class of '008!

I haven't had the opportunity to do many shoots with high school seniors so I was really excited when Alyssa's mom Vicki called me last month after seeing one of my advertisements on craigslist! Last week we met at Woodstock Farm to capture Alyssa at this important transitional time in her life. Alyssa has a passion for photography that rivals mine, so we had a great time "talking shop" while taking her photos. She reminded me a lot of me, in that she feels a lot more comfortable behind the lens than in front of it and doesn't think she is very photogenic. I think these photos speak the truth about that, don't you?
Alyssa told me right away that she doesn't like photos of herself with a full smile so I didn't force the issue because anyone can tell when a smile isn't genuine and I really wanted Alyssa to be comfortable with me. I did manage to capture this candid smile from her when she noticed her mom & sister watching us work and got on their case to turn around and mind their own business : ) Congratulations on your graduation, Alyssa... I wish you a lifetime of smiles and anytime you'd like to go shooting with me, just get in touch!

1 comment:

Laura Bee said...

Those are great, timeless, pictures of a beautiful girl. I think her eyes really lit up when she smiled.

I wish I had something classic and natural like these images to remember my senior year. (I had my senior picture taken in 1989 in pink studio lights, a trite pose, and over feathered hair.)

In 20 years, she'll be really thankful for these pictures.