Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

My dad & me, circa 1972
It's Father's Day and time to celebrate all the awesome dads I've had the pleasure of photographing with their kids in the past year! It was fun sharing a photo of my mom and me on Mother's Day so I thought I'd do the same with a picture of my dad & me. If my recollection is correct, the above photo was taken at my grandma's house while my mom was in the hospital after my sister was born. I find it a little ironic that this morning my hair looks exactly the same as it did on this day and it's my dad who is just returning home from the hospital after major neurosurgery on his lumbar spine more than a month ago. Today I'm wishing my dad continued success with his recovery so he can get back out on the river bank with all his fishing buddies this fall : ) (I'm also wishing I still had that little blue purse!)

First up are a few pictures of my buddy Greg and his kids Fin and Isla. Greg is such a great dad and friend that he deserves first billing : ) It's Greg's shop that I use as a makeshift studio and I'm infinitely grateful that he trusts me with my own key! (Thanks, buddy!) You can see more photos of Fin & Isla with their cousins here.

And now onto the photos of my clients... Happy Father's Day to all of you! Thank you so much for being such positive influences in the lives of your children. The world needs more wonderful fathers like you!
One final picture... this is my favorite shot I've ever taken of Asher and his dad... Ash is about 7 months old in this shot. It's the picture that reminds me sometimes it's okay to let the drool happen : )

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What beautiful pictures! Keep up the good work sharing the pictures of love.