Saturday, June 14, 2008

Babies Here, Babies There... Babies Babies Everywhere!

Keeping my photography services affordable for young families has always been really important to me, so I try to offer a variety of rate options so families don't feel the Sears Portrait Studio is their only choice : ) A couple of years ago a client arranged for me to attend her child's Mommy & Me class to take pictures of the kids, and a the idea to offer my services to play groups was born! Instead of families scheduling several individual appointments and paying the full rate for a photo shoot, I join you for your already scheduled play group and take photos of your child there for a discounted rate. I told one of my faithful clients about this service last time we were together (Karin, second from the left, holding my little buddy Maddy!) Karin shared the idea with the mothers in her PEPS group and then we got busy working out the details. I joined the group two weeks ago for their photo shoot and had a great time meeting eight of Maddy's little friends. I'd never done a play group shoot with little ones this young and I was not really sure what to expect, but it was a great success! I thought I would share a photo of each of my new friends : )

Molly
PhoenixMadelyn
WillA.J.
Brooks
Evan
Ella
Grayden
Getting one great photo of a one year old is tough business... getting one great picture of NINE one year olds is nearly impossible- but we tried! This picture was taken right after the one at the top. We figured our best bet was to do a "dump & run"- which would leave the babies so startled they would look in our direction. It worked! Everyone was so stunned by the abrupt change they didn't know what to think. Except Maddy. She was just pissed : )

For information on how to organize a play group shoot, please get in touch!

Thanks so much for organizing this event, Karin. I really appreciate the time and effort you put in to be able to pull this off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the caption for the last picture should be "One of these kids is not like the other!".