Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Gardenview Family Photo Day!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm always thinking of ways to keep my photography services affordable for young families. More specifically, I've been wanting to figure out a way for clients to get family photos to share during the holiday season when they are already spending a lot of money on gifts and travel. One of the ideas I've had rolling around in my head for awhile now is the "quick shoot"... where I schedule several families for back-to-back 20 minute appointments at a reduced rate.

I decided to experiment with this idea by offering Family Photo Day to the families at Gardenview Montessori. My goal was to create group, individual and different combo shots of all family members and provide an average of 20-25 images to each family. Six families signed up to be my guinea pigs and I'm happy to report the experiment was successful! I learned a few things I needed to learn and I am pretty sure I will be planning at least one quick shoot day in November. Thanks so much to all of the families who participated... it was fun seeing the Gardenview kids with their families and I hope you all will enjoy your photos : )

Thanks again to everyone who participated... I really appreciate your patience and flexibility while I worked out the "bugs" in my idea : )

4 comments:

Megan R. said...

Another beautiful set of photos! Sometimes I walk away from a photo shoot thinking there was no way you could have gotten anything good of the kids but you always pull through and give us the most amazing shots! Thank you for working your magic again :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots, once again, Sandi! I love to look through your blog periodically and see people I know (the Richesons and the Robinsons).
Let me know when your November "Family Photo Day" will be, and if we'd be eligible--I'd love to take advantage of that and get some cool weather photos (I swear I'll be prepared for cold weather!)
Melinda

Anonymous said...

(that was Melinda Cool by the way--no Google account!)

Megan R. said...

Sandi,
I just received my image disc and OH MY GOSH, the photos are absolutely gorgeous! I was so worried because it was almost bed time, it was kind of cold, Brynn had a black eye...I shouldn't have worried though. I LOVE our photos and I cannot express my thanks enough. I can't wait to have you shoot my birth in December!