Thursday, October 20, 2011

Downtown Girl


I cannot believe how far behind I have fallen on blogging! I'm going to do my best to play catch up this week despite having a bunch of editing to do, some website updates to make and a Halloween costume to sew. I'm finally taking a moment to share some of my favorite images from a senior shoot I did with beautiful Malaena back in August. I first met Malaena a few years ago when she was a junior bridesmaid in her dad Felipe and step-mom Trisha's wedding and I was so happy when Trisha contacted me to schedule an appointment for Malaena's senior portraits! I knew she would be a lot of fun to work with and she was : )

I think of senior portraits as a big kid's first real opportunity to express who they are to family, friends and the world at large. With this in mind, I prefer to leave the decision of shoot location to the senior. Malaena is a girl who, like me at her age, dreams of getting lost in the big city. Naturally she chose downtown Bellingham for her backdrop and we had a great time roaming around downtown's colorful and wonderfully textured streets and alleys, talking about our shared dream of exploring the streets of New York City : ) I hope Malaena doesn't have to wait as long as I have for this dream to come true!


No comments: