Tuesday, September 2, 2008

He's a 7th Grader Now


7th Grade

The beginning of a new school year always finds me reminiscing about how much my boy Asher has grown and changed in the past year. Since his first day of kindergarten, we've documented the first day of school in photographs and I thought it would be fun to share those with you today. I have a sad, sinking feeling this might be the last year I get away with this little tradition as this morning I was not allowed to cross the street to take the traditional picture in front of the school sign. *sigh*

I think this might be how he's felt about first-day-of-school photos since the beginning.

The mustache *really* freaks me out. Where did the little boy seen below go?

Kindergarten

I started taking pictures at the front doors of the school as a way to document his growth between school years. In kindergarten the top of his head reaches half way through the first set of windows. By fourth grade it's half way through the second.

He lost his first tooth the night before the first day of kindergarten. The gaping hole is proudly featured in every picture taken that day and he got to be the very first in the class to add his name on the "Who Lost A Tooth?" board : )

First GradeOn the night before the first day of First Grade, he did a face plant on the pavement. He was so mad about this he would never look at these pictures but it's that tie that gets most people's attention!

Second GradeHis birthday is November 23, so naturally this was his favorite shirt. He's forbidden me to ever get rid of it.

Third Grade

This picture of Asher & his dad riding the tandem to school on the first day of Third Grade has always been one of my favorites- despite it coming out blurry (I took it while riding my own bike!) I saved the image by putting a watercolor effect on it.

Fourth Grade
Fourth graders at Columbia graduated to an upstairs classroom. He looks pretty anxious to get up there!
Fifth Grade

Asher chose to attend a different school for his last elementary year. There are only a few pictures of him that don't include a neighbor girl who he "hates" so I better stick to these two : )

Sixth Grade

Sixth Grade means the big move to Whatcom Middle School and no hesitancy to show how he really feels about the tradition of photographing the first day of school.

He thought it was fun to make faces featuring his retainer. Until it broke.

Off he goes...

No comments: