Thursday, September 11, 2008

Jake & Michelle 7.19.2008 ... "Let Them Eat Cake!"

When I first talked to Michelle last spring, I knew the wedding she was planning with her fiance Jake was going to be a great time. In that conversation Michelle described their perfect day as low-key, laid back and really, really FUN. She told me to plan more for a summer backyard barbecue/party with a little wedding thrown in and that's exactly what it was. With both the wedding party and guests directed to wear their favorite tropical prints, it was pretty much impossible not get in the party mood. Add a little Jimmy Buffet to the scene and you've got yourself a party! Here are some photos from their super fun wedding day...

Michelle's not much of a make-up wearing sort of girl, so Grandma was responsible for the final inspection ; )


I think this picture of Michelle's dad Jeff seeing his daughter as a bride for the first time is so sweet. They are a very close father-daughter pair and had just about everyone in the room in tears!


I wandered out to the backyard to get some pictures of Michelle's bouquet and the rings, and found the groom transcribing his vows from his phone to post-it-notes.... he said Michelle might kill him if he read them from his phone : )


Jake's mom was pretty happy to be scoring Michelle for a daughter-in-law!


Time for the ceremony! I think Michelle is ready... in fact her comment to me was "I was born to marry this guy." : )

These two were married in a sweet, simple ceremony officiated by Michelle's friend Jessica, who became ordained just for the occasion! This is the first wedding I've photographed where the ring ended up on the wrong finger. Woops! It made for a good laugh though : )


After the ceremony it was time for some pictures of the bride & groom and their friends!

With photos out of the way, it was time for a toast and then the party was on!

Even Grandma's pup Woof got in the party mood with a slick paw print ribbon around his neck ; )
And now, for the craziest sharing of the (cup)cake photos I've taken so far. I swear these two decided to have a wedding just so they could participate in this tradition. They didn't even attempt to get it in each others' mouths!


Since Jake & Michelle live out of state and I met them just a few days before the wedding, I didn't get a chance to post their engagement photos, so I thought I would share a few now! With the wedding only a few days off, I knew I needed to get these two to relax with me right away, so I took them to the playground in Cornwall Park to have some childish fun : ) (Jake & Michelle are the very last of my clients to be photographed on the old playground before it was removed...)
To Jake & Michelle... Congratulations once more for having found each other and thank you so much for inviting me to be part of your celebration... You definitely succeeded in planning a very fun day : )

No comments: