Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lindsey Trashes the Dress!

Ever since I first heard of the trash-the-dress phenomenon, I've been chomping at the bit to do this kind of shoot. As it turns out, most new brides shudder in horror at the idea of doing anything that might harm their precious gown! Thankfully after eight years of marriage, Lindsey's attachment to her wedding dress has diminished enough that she responded to the suggestion very enthusiastically! A talented graphic designer by trade (she's the girl-wonder responsible for my new logo!) Lindsey and I had a blast participating in a little creative collaboration. Along with great enthusiasm and a love for being photographed, she brought a bunch of fun accessories for us to play with... all we needed was some great locations which we found around downtown Bellingham. We created so many great photos together that I had a really hard time narrowing down the ones I wanted to share! Here are some of my favorites... After kicking around a couple of alleys in downtown Bellingham, we headed down to the waterfront where we stumbled upon a gal who had an old bike that perfectly matched some of the accessories Lindsey brought along. Too good to be true! Of course I asked immediately if we could borrow her bike for some shots and she happily obliged. I love it when these unexpected moments occur.... they make for the best photographs!
The setting sun provided just the perfect golden glow to accompany Lindsey's cowboy hat and denim jacket. How cute is she?

That's the look of shock after hearing a train whistle blow while walking on train tracks... oops!I've saved my favorite photos for last. I admit I was laughing my butt off at this scene while continuously shooting. I could not believe Lindsey was able to keep such a serious face for so long! You can see the facade starting to crack in the very last picture : )

Lindsey's trash-the-dress shoot has my mind whirring with ideas for future shoots like this so I'm putting out a call to all you women itching for an opportunity to wear that dress hanging in your closet just one more time. C'mon, let's have some fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. You did such a fabulous job! Everyone looooooves these!!

Sandi Heinrich said...

Thanks Linds... you made it easy for me : )