Saturday, September 22, 2007

9.15.007 Naomi & Aaron "Can't Help Falling In Love!"


It's taken me far longer to get to this blog entry than I intended- I apologize to everyone I told to check it "in a few days!" As excited as I've been to share these photos with the world, I needed to collect my thoughts after spending such a wonderful weekend away. I'm not sure I've ever had more fun in a more beautiful place with so many warm, loving and genuinely happy people! Naomi may have been the quintessential glowing bride but I truly felt I was glowing with happiness right alongside her! She has found such a perfect mate in Aaron that I can not help but be elated for her : )

Having called Naomi "friend" since we were five years old, it was absolutely thrilling for me to document the entire weekend for Aaron and her. Their wedding is and will remain among the greatest highlights of my life, not to mention of my career as a photographer! Any photographer will tell you that the more comfortable your subjects are in your presence, the better the resulting images will be. (Of course it goes without saying that it definitely helps when the people you're shooting actually LOVE working the camera, which is the case with Naomi and all of her sisters!) While looking through their pictures I've been worried that shooting weddings in the future might be a bit anticlimactic for me. I've decided the best thing I can do is learn from the experience and find ways to better get to know future brides and grooms so I can create images as beautiful as these for them too.

To Naomi and Aaron... I love you both dearly! You are both such awesome people and I am so happy you found each other. Yours was such a beautiful ceremony I really could not help but shed tears! The presence of love for the two of you on the lawn of the Rosemary Inn was so inspiring and I am so very thankful I was there to be touched by it. I wish you a lifetime filled with such love. Now... bring on the babies! I can't wait to do your maternity shoot! : )

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Sandi, you are truly gifted. These photos are amazing. Both Aaron and I keep looking at them and keep smiling! It was a perfect day and we're so glad you were there to share it with us, and also to document it with your keen eye.

Nice work!

Gramma Sarah said...

Sandi, these are beautiful and I know just a small sample of all the photos you took that day. Can't wait to see more! Cheers, Sally