Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008 Newlyweds!


As you may recall, I encountered some "technological challenges" just as wedding season was getting underway last summer which put me behind in my work load for quite some time. Add to this our move across town in November and unfortunately, spending time blogging fell to just about my lowest priority. Things are starting to settle down here a bit and knowing this is engagement season, I thought I should finally share some of the highlights of the 2008 wedding season before we get too far into 2009!

Since I have photos from five weddings to share and some of them happened almost five months ago, I'm going to keep my words to a minimum and let the photos do the talking (with a few exceptions.) To keep things from getting out of control, I've limited myself thirteen photos from each wedding and tried to select the ones that best tell the story of the day. Enjoy!

Stephanie & Jeff
Beach Cottage, Burien
August 2, 2008


A classic moment as the groom ponders marital advice from his new father-in-law.


Trisha & Felipe

Lairmont Manor, Bellingham
August 3, 2008



There weren't many dry eyes in the crowd as Trisha & Felipe exchanged family vows with their children, Malaena, Bailey & Javier.


The groom forgot to pack his dress socks : )


Group photo time with this family was a blast. I had practiced saying "Is everybody smiling?" in Spanish all the way to the wedding then completely forgot how to say it once I got there. I was instructed that yelling "cheese-o!" would suffice : )

More photos from this wedding can be seen here.

Summer & Chris

A Tuscan Lady, Freeland
August 16, 2008


This is my favorite bridal bouquet photo I've taken so far. When I arrive at a wedding the first thing I do is survey the scene, looking for details just waiting to be photographed. This birdbath in a shaded nook of the garden was the perfect match for Summer's beautiful bouquet. I only wish I could have somehow captured it's sweet scent- it was amazing!


Summer looks so happy to finally be donning the wedding dress her mom made for her!


This photo is easily my favorite shot from the entire summer. Little Orion, a very excited flower girl, is whispering in Auntie Summer's ear "it's time to start the wedding!" I felt so blessed to have witnessed such a sweet moment and still can't believe I was in such good position to document it!

This scene is one of those that made me pull my already packed away camera out of its bag... I had no idea Aunt Sunny & the girls were planning to serenade Summer & Chris with a rousing version of You Are My Sunshine until I was walking out to say goodbye!


You can see Summer & Chris' engagement photos here and more photos from their wedding here.


Karen & Patrick
Private Residence, Lake Washington

August 23, 2008

My favorite shot from our engagement session adorns a special gift from the bride's sister!


This shot wins for Best Comedy- there's the handsome groom seeing his bride for the first time, and there is the family dog, Pedro, showing the world his best side : )


Joli & Kenny
Private Residence, Sedro Woolley
September 13, 2008


In Kenny's hand you see a photo of him & his cousin/Best Man Matt when they were boys... this is them recreating that photo at the insistence of the photographer ; )


I love it when I can get close enough to capture the tears in the bride's eyes...


or the love in the groom's : )


Joli's grandfather restored this stunning vintage Martin as a gift to his daughter who arranged to have it driven to the wedding so we could include it in some photos!

More photos from this wedding can be seen here.

Carrie & Frank
The Willows Inn, Lummi Island
October 25, 2008

I think the best photos I take of people are when they don't know I am doing it. I love this photo of Carrie's parents witnessing the ceremony.


On the beach at sunset on a beautiful autumn day... the light just does not get better than this!


Carrie waited until her wedding day to wear her ring and so spent an awful lot of time gazing at it on her finger : )



More photos from this wedding can be seen here.

To all of my 2008 Newlyweds, thanks once again for allowing me to document your weddings for you. I hope you all enjoyed your first holiday season as married couples!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is awesome sandi!
i wish you lots of success and happiness in 2009~
YOU ARE SO TALENTED