Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Find Me On Facebook!


A small time business girl always has to be looking for inexpensive ways to market her skills. In fact, as many of you know, I grew my client base by posting free ads for my services on craigslist! Over the past couple of weeks I have been reading everything I can about the Facebook "page" and how it can work for me as a means of reaching potential new clients. I know a lot of my current clients have Facebook profiles and often upload the photos I take for them to their photo albums to share with friends and family, so I thought having a SHP page would not only be a fun way to interact with current clients, but a great way for you to help me create new ones!

Of course I will continue adding photos and stories to my blog, but a proper blog entry requires a good deal of time and I'll never have enough of it to blog photos from every shoot that I do. The Facebook page provides a place for me to share more of my work. (I've uploaded a bunch of photos I created in the past couple months when I was too busy to blog- go check them out!) Not only will fans of SHP receive an update when new photos have been added, but I've set it to update them via Facebook when I've posted a new blog entry here as well.

One thing about the page that I am very excited about is the album I created for fans to upload their favorite photos that I've created for them over the years. My favorite photos are rarely the same as yours and I am always curious which ones you love most and why! I thought this would be a fun way for clients and myself to interact and for some of my older photos that I have archived to be shared with others. Clients are also able to tag themselves in photos I've uploaded to other albums, automatically sharing them with their friends.

I also want to use this opportunity to remind everyone that I require clients to credit me for the photos I've created whenever they are uploaded to any online location, whether it's your Facebook or MySpace profile, the family blog, etc. The best place to do this on Facebook is in the caption space provided when you upload your photos. Simply writing "Photo by Sandi Heinrich" or "Photo Credit: Sandi Heinrich Photography" goes a long way toward getting my name further out there and keeping your personal photographer very happy : )

You can find my Facebook page by clicking here or on the Facebook badge I've posted on the right side of my blog or by searching Facebook for Sandi Heinrich Photography. Also, just FYI, as a fan, your Facebook profiles will remain private to me- only your interactions on the page will be visible!

Thanks so much for your ongoing support- see you on Facebook!

No comments: