Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday, Parks!

Today is my little buddy Parker's second birthday so it seemed like a good day to share a few photos from last month's shoot with him and his mom & dad, Lindsey & Jeremy. As crazy as I think they may be, this family's favorite season is winter! There is a really beautiful field near my new home that provides an amazing backdrop for photos. A soon as the snow starting falling I knew just who to call to do my first shoot there! This family of three (soon to be four!) braved the icy roads on a frigid Sunday morning to join Asher and me for a little arctic fun. I'm so glad they did because this shoot yielded two photos that went straight into the "All Time Favorites" file... the above photo of Parker being one of them. Parks was watching big boy Asher play in the frozen creek when I sneaked up behind him. I knew if I could get him to look at me it would be a priceless shot. Thankfully Parker cooperated! When I said his name he turned toward me and click! He gave me exactly the expression I was hoping for : )

This photo of Linds & Jeremy is my other favorite from this shoot. I always try to get a photo of mom & dad together too, but often have a hard time getting couples to not fall into what I call the "senior prom" pose. Sometimes suggesting a kiss will do the trick, which was the case here. A little kiss turned into a big hug and here is the result. I love this photo, looking at it makes me sigh! It just has L O V E written all over it. Not bad for a couple who's been together for ten years : )

On this wintry day, Parker learned a tough lesson in cause & effect... when you refuse to wear mittens in the snow, your hands get really, really cold!


After we'd stayed outside as long as we could stand, we headed back to my house to warm up and introduce Parks to our new kitties, Maverick and Crash!


While I'm at it, I might as well use this opportunity to formally introduce these punks who joined our family as my gift to Asher for his 13th birthday. So far they are smelly, noisy and pretty much all around annoying, but we love them anyway!

Crash & Maverick... conjoined twins?

No comments: