Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Summer & Chris

Wow, I can't believe it's been a full month since I've been able to post new photos! Playing catch up is a slow process but I'm finally comfortable enough with the new monitor to share some new pictures... and just in time too because Summer and Chris are getting married in just four days.

After months of emailing each other it was great to finally meet these two, who have been living in Idaho where Summer was studying medicine. Since she'll be transferring her studies to the UofW this fall, they planned their wedding to be closer to their new home. Last month they graciously made the drive to Bellingham so we could discuss wedding plans and get to know each other a bit before their big day. I chose Whatcom Falls Park as our location because I thought it would be fun to give their photos a real Northwest feel, in keeping with their new home. Here are a few shots from our time together...

I'm always trying to figure out ways to feature the ring when I do engagement photos and Summer's ring is so gorgeous that I had to have some fun with it. I love the deep sapphire blue against Chris' classic blue oxford.
While I corrected it in files for Summer & Chris, I had to save this photo in its original state because it was such a memorable part of our shoot. I'm not sure how many times I had to instruct the three boys jumping into the falls to stay clear of our backdrop while I got some shots. They didn't seem too interested in appeasing the bossy lady with the camera! Ahhh, who can blame them? That looks like a lot of fun to me!

Can you spot the photo bomber?

Be sure to check back sometime next month when I'll be posting photos of Summer & Chris' wedding day on Whidbey Island!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you guys, those pictures are wonderful! I cannot WAIT to see the wedding photos!! :)