Monday, April 18, 2011

Blast From The Past!


Last fall I was surprised to receive a message from a childhood friend who had seen my photography work via Facebook. As kids, Nicole and I lived a few miles from each other and for years had ridden the school bus together, becoming friends in high school when we played on the school volleyball team and later became co-workers at the burger joint near our homes. I hadn't seen Nicole for more than twenty years so I was really excited when she called on me for family photography! 

Whenever I do a shoot with new clients I always ask for a general description of the cast of characters I'll be working with so I can be at least a little prepared for what to expect. Nicole described them as a very close, easy-going family with daughter Hailey being her "social bug," son Hunter the more reserved of the two and her husband Brian as the family's funny man. She could not have been more dead-on with her descriptions and I think their photos demonstrate it perfectly! I had such a great time with all of them and it was such a joy to catch up with Nicole while I "worked." What a special shoot this was for me to do!

No comments: