Saturday, January 22, 2011

Last Days As a Family of Three


I had two reasons to be happy when Catriona from Gentle Hands Midwifery called to schedule an appointment for a family shoot prior to delivering her second baby. First, I'd first met her daughter Ruby when she was about 10 months old after a birth Catriona and I had both attended and I knew right then that I wanted to take pictures of that little beautiful girl! Second, I realize the days as a "between pregnancies" family are fleeting and I think it's so important for expanding families to capture that little slice of their life together before the "expansion" arrives! 

A few weeks ago I got together with Catriona, her husband Chris and now two-year-old Ruby to celebrate their last days together as a family of three and had a grand time documenting them in their home. Ruby and I became fast friends and I learned quickly she is every bit as expressive as I imagined she would be. Here are some photos that I love from our first shoot together... I'll be back very soon to meet the baby brother hidden inside that belly!

No comments: