Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ivan & Jen Celebrate Their Fourth Anniversary!

Owen_clr (16)

As a photographer, it’s easy to forget how it feels to be on the other side of the camera, so I believe it’s important now and then for photographers to spend a little time there to keep their empathy with clients in tact. With this in mind, my friend Jen of Jen Martin Studios and I regularly lend each other a hand when we’d like some nice photographs of our own. Most recently, Jen and her husband Ivan took their turn as models as a way of celebrating their fourth wedding anniversary!

Jen really loved the idea of doing a trash-the-dress session but upon trying on hers she discovered it  no longer fit the way it once did! So at the last minute, she hit the thrift stores in search of something fun and came up with this lace covered vintage gown. Paired with her beloved black & white striped socks and a single red rose, it makes for a frivolously fun outfit- perfect with Ivan’s classic button-down vest and a great contrast for Bellingham’s gritty alleys.

Owen_clr (17)Owen_clrOwen_clr (1)Owen_clr (3)

I  made them work for this shot… getting that tiny space between the lips is key! They really didn’t seem to mind the assignment : )

Owen_clr (4)Owen_clr (5)Owen_clr (6)Owen_clr (7)   Owen_clr (9)Owen_clr (8)Owen_clr (10)Owen_clr (11)     Owen_clr (13) Owen_clr (14) Owen_clr (15)

This picture took several attempts… I really wanted to capture Jen & Ivan’s reflection in the mirror but several cars parked in the alley were ruining the shot. I was thrilled when all three of them left simultaneously, leaving the focus on Jen & Ivan!

Owen_clr (12)

This smashed in window was just waiting for this shot! I love Jen’s “wicked” expression : )

Owen_clr (18)Owen_clr (19)Owen_clr (20)

So cute! Happy anniversary, you two! It was fun celebrating with you : )

1 comment:

Jen Martin Studios said...

Haha! It was a blast! Its so weird to see my own photos on someones blog!! Im never IN photos! :)

I love these - they are the only photos I have of him and I that dont involve a remote control and a "Dang it..I blinked" :)

I love them. I love them...I LOVE THEM!! Now I have to figure out which one to get printed...I dont know how our clients ever decide on just one. Its really hard!!

Thank you Sandi :D