Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Congratulations Dylan! Ferndale High School Class of 2009

DylFol_4.009_clr_sm (66)

When I first talked to Dylan’s mom Sheri  last month she was a bit hesitant about pursuing senior portraits for Dylan after the experience she had a couple years ago with the local studio that did those of her older son Matthew.  She explained to me that  after spending a great deal of money on a  large print package, she liked the photos so little that she didn’t order any prints at all. I assured her if she didn’t like the photos I created the first time, we’d do it again until she did! 

Considering that most of the guys whose senior portraits I have shot were acting only under strict orders from their mother and could easily take or leave the whole ordeal, I figured I needed to get it right the first time with Dylan. I met him on a sunny afternoon at Hovander Homestead Park in Ferndale and the two of us wandered around the park in search of shady locations. All in all, Dylan proved to be patient with me and fairly tolerant of the whole situation… in fact he may have *almost* even had a little fun, although I doubt he’d admit it : )

DylFol_4.009_clr_sm (74)DylFol_4.009_clr_sm (70)DylFol_4.009_clr_sm (13)DylFol_4.009_clr_sm (12)DylFol_4.009_clr_sm (21)DylFol_4.009_clr_sm (23)DylFol_4.009_clr_sm (25)DylFol_4.009_clr_sm (35)DylFol_4.009_clr_sm (36)DylFol_4.009_clr_sm (41)DylFol_4.009_clr_sm (31)DylFol_4.009_clr_sm (39)DylFol_4.009_clr_sm (38)

It always makes me a bit nervous to work with clients who’ve had a bad experience with another photographer, so it was really great to have Sheri call last night to tell me she loved every one of the photos I created of Dylan. Hopefully he likes a few of them too : )

No comments: