Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Darling Ava

I first met my little friend Ava last year when she was about six months old. Since then her family has moved to Idaho so I haven't seen her since our first photo shoot, but her mama Amber got in touch with me a few weeks ago when they were planning a trip to Bellingham and I was able to work them into my schedule. I was really excited to see Ava again because she was such a photogenic baby that I used a lot of her photos for marketing purposes and got a ton of compliments on them!

We met at Cornwall Park in the evening, and Ava wasn't quite sure what to think of me and my camera at first. I was having a hard time getting a smile out of her until my son Asher surprised us at the park. I intended to send him on his way so I could work, but I soon realized Ava must have a thing for handsome older boys because suddenly she was all big eyes and smiles for Ash, so I made him stay : ) Here are a few shots from our evening together!
Mama Amber is expecting the family's second child this summer so I took her aside for a few minutes to capture her and her burgeoning belly. She and Zach have decided not to learn the gender of the baby but I'm usually a pretty good judge of these things and was getting very strong "boy vibes" the entire time we were together. If that's not a boy in there, I am going to be shocked!What a cute family they are ... I hope they return to Bellingham again before long so I can capture their new addition as well!
I thought I would also share a few photos from our first shoot together, when Ava was just a wee little one...

No comments: