Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Jen & the Yellow Wall

It goes without saying that we photographers tend to look at the world a little differently than most people. One of the ways in which this is true is the way we scrutinize walls. Whenever I'm out & about, I'm always looking for a good wall to use as a backdrop for portraits. You might wonder, what makes a good wall? Of course not every wall is a good wall- some are pretty boring and many are too cluttered with stuff to be of any use. Color and texture are the two things I am looking for in a potential backdrop wall, so it didn't surprise me at all when my photographer friend Jen arrived at our shoot down on State Street exclaiming "We've got to use that yellow wall!" I'd tried it before but it just didn't work with the portraits I was taking at the time. I'd have to say this time the yellow wall provided the perfect backdrop for Jen's sassy little costume and her husband's beautiful red accordion, don't you agree?

This is my last shot of the day and I love it. I have a thing for taking pictures of people walking away from me and I had to get one Jen carrying this big accordion case in her crazy costume. It makes me wonder... who is that? Where has she come from? Where is she going? And of course, I love the colors & textures of the walls : )

No comments: