Monday, February 11, 2008

Fun with Jen & Torrae!

I recently made friends with another Bellingham photographer, Jen Martin. Besides *finally* having someone to "talk shop" with, I get to play with her fun little two year old daughter, Torrae! When I visited them last week, Torrae was probably thinking she was going to get a little break from starring in photographs but it wasn't long before I made my true intentions clear ; ) Moms are always complaining to me that they are never in the photographs with their children- imagine how it is being a Mom who is also a professional photographer! So I wanted to make sure Jen got in at least a few of the shots : ) As you can see, we had a fun time keeping Torrae distracted so she felt like she was playing and not just modeling for Mom's new photographer friend. I'd like to think Torrae would agree the lollypop at the end made it all worth it!

1 comment:

Jen Martin Studios said...

oh wow.
You just made me cry :)
These are beautiful and its so nice to have photographs of me and Torrae together that dont involve a chopped off head or a 10 second timer!

Ive never seen photos of myself with any of my children where we are just interacting and being ourselves - they always involve a "HEY! LOOK OVER HERE" and the face that goes with it.

These mean the world to me :)

I dont think I was prepared to see myself with my daughter - and now that Im looking at them, so many memories of my own mother are flooding my heart - I remember those little eskimo and butterfly kisses with her, and those moments where we just put our heads together and sighed.

Im looking at the pictures - and seeing my Mother in the both of us, in different ways - and it really helps to know shes not completely gone - Im part of her, and Torrae is part of her as well and between the two of us - shes still right here...

Im so glad I found you.

:)