Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New Blog Feature: Old Favorites!

As he grows further from being a child and closer to being a man, I continually find myself wishing I could spend a just few minutes with two or five or nine-year-old Asher. Thankfully over the past thirteen years I have amassed a pretty large collection of photos of him! I thought it would be a fun addition to my blog to occasionally share with my readers some of my favorite photos I've created of Asher throughout his childhood. Photos are worth little if they are hidden away in a box in storage, so this is a nice way to share some personal photos with you while giving myself the opportunity to revisit life with my little guy : )

First up, a few from the "Dirt Dobber" series. I had been working on reclaiming most of the backyard from an out-of-control raspberry patch with the idea of creating a construction site for Asher to play in with all of his cool trucks. Of course any time you expose dirt during spring in Washington you run the risk of creating a mud pit, which, to two-year-old Asher's delight, is exactly what happened here. Interestingly, there is no apparent difference in the magnetic quality of dirt between the two-year-old and the thirteen-year-old!


No comments: