Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Kid Rocks

Reenacting Mom's favorite FarSide cartoon : )

Asher started his sophomore year of high school today so I figured now is a good time to share some photos from a little downtown photo shoot that he requested back in July. No, he's not emulating The Blues Brothers here (we had to show him on YouTube who they even were!)... he was actually preparing for a solo vacation to visit family in Michigan and reeeeeally wanted to wear a suit on his flight and managed to sucker his dad into buying him one. Why a suit when he was flying into the middle of a massive heat wave? Asher is a rabid aviation fan who spends a lot of time practicing his piloting skills on flight simulator - I suspect he intended to look the part just in case circumstances required him to land the plane. Instead, it seems every one on the flight mistook him for a flight attendant : )

Asher has enjoyed wearing costumes since he was old enough to put them together - even to school on random days that have nothing to do with Pajama Day or Homecoming Week. I've always admired the confidence he has to walk into school dressed as an astronaut or member of The Dharma Initiative - I would never have been interested in drawing this much attention to myself in school! I guess he really gets the whole "be.who.you.are." thing ; )

No comments: