Friday, July 8, 2011

What a Wonderful Day!

 

Last month I had the pleasure of joining my dear friends Lindsey, Jeremy, Parker & Everly for an entire day of fun in their most favorite place in the world- and what a wonderful day it was! Many years ago Lindsey's grandparents built a lovely little cabin on the hill above Skagit Bay near LaConner, WA and I'd been hearing about their fun times at the cabin for years, always with a mention that I'd have to visit them there sometime! We attempted to plan a day for me to join them while the tulips were blooming in the Skagit Valley but weather and schedules didn't allow for it this year so when I heard their next planned cabin get-away coincided with an open day for me, I gently insisted on making it work : ) We packed the day full with explorations of nearby Hope Island, a tasty lunch at LaConner Brewing Co., a bit of roaming around town and a visit to Christianson's Nursery- my new favorite place to get my green thumb fix! Editing photos is not my favorite part of the photography process but this time I thoroughly enjoyed reliving this wonderful day with my friends! I can't share as many of the photos here as I'd like so I created an album on my Facebook page featuring more... you can find it here!

No comments: